Saturday, March 03, 2007

Rust Never Sleeps

.
Or at least not in an inexpensive bed. Bloomington based State Farm CEO Ed Rust Jr….
…earned $11.66 million in 2006, including a base salary of $1.77 million and results-based bonus of $9.89 million, spokesman Dick Luedke said Friday. Rust made $6.4 million in 2005 and $5.5 million in 2004.

“Our goal has been to adjust his compensation to compare more competitively with other organizations like us,” Luedke said, noting that Rust doesn’t receive millions in stock options like other similarly sized, publicly traded Fortune 500 companies.
I’m glad he fought those greedy Katrina victims tooth and nail. I mean, who the fuck do those Gulf state pansies think they are, needing a home in which to live. Dammit, Ed Rust does not even get stock options! You can “live” in a cardboard box, but depriving a man of his stock options is just cruel. Bravo State Farm for standing up to the tyranny of natural disaster victims.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is just another example of State Farm's lack of ethics as far as I am concerned. A few years ago, they got busted for using used parts in their car repair shops, while claiming they were new. Just another way to screw their customeers.

Anonymous said...

must say that I actually agree with Rick. What I think is even more ethical is that the law mandates everyone to have vehicle insurance (I'm not too sure if it mandates home owner's insurance as well, but I had to get home owners insurance before I closed on my house)...it's like the government is putting us all at the mercy of the insurance companies so they can royally screw us when we need insurance the most.